Handling Employment And Severance Agreements At All Stages
If you are an employee with an employment contract or a proposed severance agreement, these documents may establish the terms and conditions of your employment, or your rights in association with the termination of your employment. The terms of these contracts can affect your life and your career opportunities for years to come.
When an employer presents an employee with a proposed employment contract or severance agreement, it is virtually always the case that the employer is represented by an attorney who is drafting the proposed language in the contract and is guiding the employer in the negotiation. An employee being presented with an employment contract or a severance agreement will often benefit from securing the guidance of an experienced employee rights attorney.
I concentrate my San Francisco, California, law practice exclusively on employees’ rights. My exclusive focus on employee rights allows me to stay up to date with new court decisions and statutes which impact your legal rights. At the Law Offices of Alan Adelman, you will get focused and experienced representation from your employee rights lawyer. Contact me today.
A written contract of employment may provide enhanced legal rights in an employee’s employment. The vast majority of workers do not have written employment contracts with their employers beyond an offer letter and some form of a confidentiality agreement. If you are provided the opportunity to enter into such an employment contract, you may benefit from ensuring that your rights under the contract are adequately protected.
After more than 25 years of advocating for employees’ rights, I have the demonstrated experience and knowledge to effectively:
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible contract provisions
- Review and interpret employment contracts
- Negotiate a severance in association with the termination of your employment
- Litigate or arbitrate on your behalf if your employment contract has been breached and the compensation to which you are entitled is being withheld
I have the demonstrated experience and knowledge you need to enforce the terms of your employment contract, from the initial stages of negotiation to the final stages of litigation and trial.
If you are being presented a proposed severance agreement in association with the termination of your employment, you may benefit from securing the guidance of an employee rights attorney who may assist you in understanding your rights and whether the terms of the proposed severance agreement are equitable under the circumstances and in your best interests. It is virtually always the case that severance agreements include an agreement prohibiting you from taking legal action against your employer. The terms and conditions of these agreements are extremely important, especially if you have been discriminated against, retaliated against, harassed, wrongfully terminated or denied earned wages.
I can provide you with strong representation by:
- Reviewing a proposed severance agreement to determine whether signing the agreement is in your best interests
- Negotiating the terms of a severance agreement to assist you in securing the compensation to which you are entitled
- Helping ensure that your severance agreement is enforced
- Litigating in the event that your severance agreement is breached or the proposed severance agreement is unreasonable and should not be signed.